Thursday, September 15, 2011

Things in Hesperia are great! The ward seems to really like us there is a lot of competition to sign up to feed us dinner :). I am being well fed. The work is going well here. In fact this Saturday we have a baptism!!! Three kids are getting baptised (Brandon, Kaitlyn, and Skyler).. (a boy and two girls).  I am excited. :). I came in after they have had quite a few missionary lessons but it has been fun teaching them the commandments and seeing there willingness to accept them. They are in the foster program and they were put in a great lds family.  We are also going to try and set baptismal dates with three others this week. :) I feel like i am finally getting the hang of this missionary thing, but i have a lot of learning to do. Luckily, my companion Elder McKay is an excellent teacher and i am learning so much from him.  I am doing my best to be obedient.  It is surprising that i can do that and still have a lot of fun. :) Missionary work can be a drudgery for some people, but when you take it head on with the right attitude you can have a good time (despite sore legs and a lack of sleep :).  It is surprising how fast things go when you are constantly doing something.  I don't have enough time to write everyone i want to, even on p-day :(. If you find it within your heart to say hi, I will do my best to get back to you :) I know this church is true, I feel it whenever i teach someone, and I am so grateful for the continuous atonement of Jesus Christ in my life.  I am so lucky to spread his message.  Hesperia hasn't been brought up to heaven yet but I'm workin' on it. :)

With much love,

Elder Garrett Roos   





No comments:

Post a Comment