Sunday, September 4, 2011

Elder Roos has arrived ...






Monday, August 29th, 2011


Well it has been a memorable three weeks, but i am ready to get going! I leave tomorrow! (Tuesday).  I fly into the Ontario airport tomorrow morning and I'll have all day to get to work. :) I'm excited to meet the mission president and my trainer comp. Yesterday we had a departure devotional and it is finally setting in that my real mission is beginning and it is goodbye to the smell of starch in the wind and fattening cafeteria food. Though one night i taught a good lesson with a practice investigator and they just happened to have pad Thai that night :) ... God works in mysterious ways. :) Anyway today i will be packing and doing laundry and making sure my bags aren't too heavy for departure.  My scriptures are marked and tabbed ready to go (though i have a lot of studying still to do).  I am going from a district leader to a greeny. :).  This has already been such an adventure and I can't wait to see what insanity awaits me.  It's weird having to ask the branch president about news because there is no way to access any outside world info :) So apparently there is a hurricane and there was an earthquake?? But it's a good thing (not having access to news etc.). I can stay focused at the task at hand i.e. inviting others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, babtism, receiving the gift of the holy ghost and enduring to the end. :) I love you and miss you Mommy, Daddy, Aaron and Cam.  I also miss me good friends like.. Dallon, Coy, David, Shelbi, Arianna, zelda, Jadon and.. yea am I forgetting anyone....... oh yea! Janae of course! :) K i gots ta go.. In summary I'm doing well.. I love this Gospel and my faith is like many seeds that have been planted and are continually growing :)
 
K loves ya all

No comments:

Post a Comment