Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Dear Everyone

I have so much to say and so little time

The Mission Split:

Excitement was high at the Woodruff Building in Rancho Cucamonga on that bright Tuesday morning. Transfers had come and no one knew their fate. We had all packed our bags and we were ready for whatever lay ahead of us in the next few hours. Where you stayed or where you went was determined by were you would end up; It could be in The Redlands or The Rancho Cucamonga missions. Before the main transfer meeting had begun a smaller meeting commenced. In attendance was every District and Zone Leader in the entire mission. It was quite an amazing group to look upon as I prepared mentally for a training I had been asked to give. Others training included a few others that go home in August like myself. Elder Graf and Elder Sevison, two of my former companions, were among those also training. It ended up that I was the last one to address the group. The topic I had chosen was Repentance and the Atonement. I told them of how the Atonement has had to carry me through my mission. I told them about Aaron and Cameron and how I had come to a place that I felt I was a missionary worthy to of them. I told them that a fulness of Joy is possible as missionary through continued repentance and the sustaining Grace of God. I won't lie, I cried. I had already felt the spirit very strong before the transfer meeting had begun. The entire mission, about to be two, was in their seats. we sang we prayed and President and Sister Godwin gave us their final words. President Began by saying "well it's Sister Godwin's time to go home, and since I am her eternal companion I guess I have to go with her." :) The Transfers were announced. We almost got an entirely new zone. I am staying here in Apple Valley for the rest of my mission. :) We closed the meeting by singing the EFY Medley to President and Sister Godwin. Tears rolled down their faces as looked across the missionaries and the last three years. The missionaries said goodbye and we left to our areas across new mission borders. I thought I wouldn't see president again until we got an unexpected call from him on Saturday Morning. He was done training the new mission presidents and he was passing Apple Valley. He called us and met us at the church. We gave Sister Godwin ties and we said goodbye. We were the last missionaries to see President Godwin before he drove out of the mission.


The Baptism

Right after we said goodbye to President Godwin we rushed inside to make sure the font had not overflown for the baptism of Anabell Hernandez. Two weeks ago Anabell didn't want to be baptized. We thought that maybe she would one day. The Saturday before her baptism she missed her appointment with us but we talked later that day and she said "you know.. I think I want to do it." on Sunday night we finished the Lessons. A fast and an interview later she was ready for baptism. This was a very surprising and happy chain of events. The baptism went very well. Anabell's mom who isn't a member said the prayer. Anabell's cousin who is a returning less active gave the talk on baptism. Jose who is her faithful brother who is preparing for a mission baptized her with tears in his eyes. This had been in his prayers for a very long time. I am grateful to know the Hernandez Family. This is the beginning of many more miracles in their lives.



The new President

When President Hobbs walked into the room full of the Rancho Cucamonga Mission Zone leaders I was in awe how he could answer every question with both power and wisdom. It is clear he has come to lead us to new heights. President Hobbs has worked at BYUI for years and he rubs shoulders with some of the quorum of the twelve on occasion. I am already impressed and sad that I won't be able to spend very long with him. Tomorrow I will have my first interview with him.

Sunday

On Sunday We spoke in Sacrament meeting. We talked about the broadcast! It was awesome.

Well as you can see my typing stamina has weakened, so I will have to say goodbye. Thank you for your support and your prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment