Monday, June 3, 2013

Dear Utah,

We have seen so many miracles here in the mission lately. Our mission is a testament that The Atonement of Jesus Christ is real. There has been such an amazing change in the missionaries since I first arrived in the mission. It is unreal to see the level of obedience and hard work in contrast to the struggles this mission had when I flew in to the Ontario airport. The most amazing thing about this transformation has been that as the mission has changed I have too. I have never pushed harder for goals in my life and it is making me a better servant of the Lord. We have seen so many miracles including a baptism last week. I had the awesome opportunity to baptize Jason Sanderson. He is just a year older than myself and when we met him he was ready to change his life. He has had a really rough background, but I have never seen anyone who accept the gospel with such incredible humility. He accepted every commandment and he readily changed his life. The baptism was a sweet experience. I haven't spent a lot of time in the water as a missionary (it is better to have a fellowshipper baptize than a missionary who will soon leave), but it felt as natural as if I baptized someone every day as I stood there in the water. Attending the baptism was Jason's family which included his sister. This leads me to my next miracle. On Monday I texted Jason saying "hey ask your sister if we can do a lesson with her tomorrow at 4:30." he texted back and said it was set up. We taught her the next day and set a baptism date with her. The blessings have been poured out heavily upon us. We have four people who are on track to be baptized this month and early July. I have said this before and I will say it again. It amazes me how little I do in this work. I am simply a witness of the Lord doing his work. In comparison to football, I feel like the water boy. :) (no pun intended) The zone of Apple Valley is strong and I hope it stays that way 'till my dying day. And for my last comment: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! I love you so much. Oh, and Kellie your pretty cool too. :) My mother one of the primary reasons I have been able to be the missionary that I am today. My parents are where I first learned Discipleship. I followed them as they Followed the Savior. I owe so much to them and to Jesus Christ. I love this work.




No comments:

Post a Comment