Friday, March 1, 2013

Dear World,

It has been a few weeks! It was a Thursday like any other. We had just got out of Missionary Leadership Council and we were picking up supplies to bring to missionaries. President Godwin entered the office with unusual speed. He asked if we would all step into the chapel. Perplexed, we all sat in the first few rows awaiting what he had to say. I was expecting a speech on how we need to find more investigators. Oh, how I was wrong. He said that he had received a message that morning that the mission boundaries were changing. Effective July 1st The California San Bernardino Mission will be split into two missions. In the West there will be The California Rancho Cucamonga Mission, and in the East there will be the California Redlands Mission. We are in some of the last months of the existence of the mission I was called to more than a year and a half ago. The Rancho mission will comprise the stakes of Rancho Cucamonga, Upland, Ontario, Chino, Hesperia, Victorville, and Apple Valley. The Redlands mission will also take some stakes from the Riverside Mission. It will have the stakes of Fontana, Rialto, San Bernardino, Redlands, Palm Desert, yucaipa, and a couple of others that I can't remember. My last transfer in the mission will won't be in the mission I came to. When President Godwin goes home the California San Bernidino mission gets to rest as well. This has motivated us as much as ever to acheive our goals. This is the last stand of this mission. Transfers have brought many changes to the Fontana Zone. We have more missionaries than ever. We even have a sister missionary from Germany! The zone is working hard and we are focusing on Discipleship to be our motivation. I made the zone a promise that Letting their faith in Jesus Christ and Discipleship sink deep into their heart will motivate them in this work more than anything else will. I also said that if keep it that way we will baptize more than the Fontana Zone ever has. I pray that we will be worthy for these blessings. Another bit of news that is worth mentioning was that a family I taught a year ago went through The Redlands Temple to be sealed. I had permission to go and see that event. It is amazing how the blessings of going on my mission seem to be perpetually coming even long after I leave an area. I'm sure I will keep seeing them long after I am home. I taught the Rogersons when I was in Running Springs. I hope I won't forget what Jason said to me when I said goodbye outside of the temple. He said "you changed this life." It is humbling to know that his statement was false. I have been a witness of what The Lord has done. I am grateful he has given me a ticket to sit on the front row and watch.

Love,

Elder Roos







No comments:

Post a Comment