Monday, December 3, 2012


Dear friends
It was a Saturday like any other. We were at a baptism for the Spanish ward because Elder Sevison was called upon to play the piano. We were in the hall before it started where we received a call from President Godwin. The second I saw his name on the caller ID I knew what was happening. President Called to ask Elder Sevison if he would be his assistant. My Comp is the new AP! After the baptism and dinner we were rushed to our apartment to pack his stuff. We had it done in about fifteen minutes. (which is quite the feet considering he has been there for six months) In a whirlwind my companion was gone and I am currently with a couple of Elders in the Baseline Ward. Despite the craziness I still had the chance to go to sacrament meeting in our ward. During the testimonies Elder Sevison sends a text asking if I would stand and bear my testimony in his place. It was difficult to hold back the tears as I told the ward that he had gone. I expressed the love he had for them and I proceeded to bear one of the strongest testimonies I have ever given about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I haven't been that emotional speaking at the pulpit since my farewell. :) The spirit in that meeting was so strong. Keith, one of our recent converts, arose and bore his  testimony in sacrament meeting for the first time. After the meeting, many visitors in our ward came to him in awe asking for his email to ask him more questions about his conversion. It reminded me how much of a miracle his life is. A memorable line in his testimony was "It takes me about 12 minutes to get to church, but the first time I came here it took 40 years." In Priesthood meeting we laid hands on his head and gave him the Aaronic Priesthood. Brother Walker his new home teacher had the chance to do the ordinance. I look forward to this coming week. I will get a new companion tomorrow morning and I have six more weeks of working hard in the Summit Ward in Fontana. Until next week,
-Elder Roos 

No comments:

Post a Comment