Monday, March 19, 2012


 What a busy week! It was very productive despite two days that I had to be a leadership meeting. The meeting was on Thursday and Friday and it took most of both days to do it. The part I was confused about was I am not currently serving in much of a leadership calling, but President Godwin said that this meeting is for officially called leaders and others he feels have an influence on other missionaries. It is good to know that Pres trusts me and is keeping me in mind. I learned a lot in those meeting that I have already implemented in my missionary service. Another thing we found out is that on the 21st of April M. Russell Ballard is coming to speak with us! So I'm pretty pumped for that.:) This week we picked up three new investigators! The first one is Ken, who we tracted into a couple weeks ago and we have started teaching. Getting the next two investigators was a small miracle. We met a guy named Dean at the post office a few weeks back and he told us that he lived across from the Strebel family in the branch. We next saw him at Jensen's, a small store here in R.S, and we said hi to him there. On Saturday a thought spontaneously popped into my head "let's go see Dean" so we found the Strebel's address on our ward list and drove down his street. Not only was Dean outside shoveling snow but the Strebel's were outside to greet us too! That made it a very casual situation and we were able to help Dean shovel out his driveway. His wife Linda invited us in for hot chocolate and we were able to talk for a while. It turns out that they have investigated before and that she has read the Book of Mormon! We have a return appointment with them next week so wish us luck. It has been great to see the Lord silently lead us where we need to be. Another very funny but sad thing that happened this week was that due to the huge snow storm that just ended last night: CHURCH WAS CANCELED! This was the first time I didn't go to church on my mission, and man I missed it. :) The Snow has not been fun in fact yesterday we got stuck! Snow is a life experience I have assuredly attained out here on the Mish. Well thank you for your many letters and emails! We are still looking ahead to the two baptisms in the first week of April, and we are getting those involved prepared. I love this work. Now I am off to a zone snowball fight being held up here in the mountains! So I'll see ya next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment